Simikot Kailash Trekking start from Kathmandu Nepal. Fly to small airstrip at Simikot and start trekking to remote western region of Nepal. 6 days camping trek is exploration of local cultures, beautiful barren landscape along with the Karnali River till Nepal Tibet boarder Hilsa. You can see many Indian pilgrimages at border came by Helicopter from Simikot during May to September month. Drive with Transportation from Tibet part to Lake Manasarovar. Involve three days trekking of holy Mountain Kailash and drive to Kodari border at the end of the tour.
17 days Simikot Kailash Tour itinerary is entering Kailash from Simikot and exit Tibet through Kodari boarder near Zhangmu town Tibet. This tour can customize as Simikot Kailash Lhasa as well as can add ancient Guge Kingdom at remote western Tibet or vise versa.
Duration:16 Days (Description)
Trip Grade Moderate to Strenuous
Trip Cost:INR 4900
Day to Day Itinerary:Show All Days Hide All Days
Day 3 : Early in the morning, fly to Simikot (2,985m) and trek to Dharapori (5/6 hours - 2,360m). Overnighta at Camp
Day 8 : Trek to Hilsa. 6 Hours trekking via Nara La pass (4,630) (6 Hours - 3,650 miters) Overnight at camp
Day 9 : Cross Tibet boarder and drive to Taklakot (3700m), further drive to Lake Manasarovar (3 Hours - 4,550m). Overnight at Guest House.
Day 10 : Stay at Lake Mansarovar. Late afternoon drive to Darchen (40km / 1 Hours - . Overnight at guest house
Day 11 : Drive to valley of the God (7km) and start Kailash Parikrama. Reach at Derapuk (4/5 Hours - 4,900m) Overnight at guest house
Day 12 : Second day of Kailash Parikrama. Reach at Juthulpuk (4,760m) via Dolma La pass (5,623m). Overnight at guest house
Price Include / Exclude:
- All arrival and departure arrangement
- Accommodation in 3 star category hotels in Kathmandu, Nepaljung
- Accommodation in simple guest houses in Kailash region
- 6 nights’ accommodation in tent, twin sharing during trekking
- All the foods from camp during trekking in Nepal
- Breakfast from Hotel in Kathmadnu, Nepaljung and in Kailash region
- Restricted area permit of Simikot trekking
- Tibet Kailash travel permit and visa
- Entrance fees in sightseeing
- Government approved guide in Tibet/ Kailash
- Nepali trekking guide, Cook and other necessary helpers during camping trekking in Nepal
- Private transportation during driving at Tibet/ Kailash
- Flight ticket of Kathmandu – Nepaljung, Nepaljung – Simikot and Lhasa – Kathmandu
- First Aid basic medicines
- Government taxes and service charges
- Emergency evacuation management
- Lunch and Dinner in entire tour
- Personal equipment, personal medical expenses,
- Personal helper and Horse during Kailash circuit
- Any tipping
- Single supplementary
- Upgrading of accommodation (it is possible at Kathmandu and in Darchen)
- Emergency evacuation expnese in case of need
- Extra activities
Accommodation in Simikot Kailash Trekking is in Hotels, Guest Houses and in Camp. 3 star category hotels in Nepal, tents in 6 days Simikot Trekking and guest houses in Kailash region. There are similar catogoroes guest houses in Kailash / Tibet. Super deluxe guest house in Darchen for a night is available. it is option to get upgrading by self paying.
Mode of transporation in this trip is private vehical, regular flights. Chinese transporation either VAN or bus as per group size in Kailash region. regular flight seats in the sector of Kathmandu Nepaljung and Nepaljung simikot. Private and Nepali transporation in Nepalsite as per itinerary.
Everest morning breakfast in kathmandu and in Nepaljung. Full boarder foods during camping trekking in Nepal. and only breakfast in Kailash region from local restaurants and Guest houses.
- Drinking Water
Drinking water in the entire tour is with extra cost. You can buy bottled miniral water. Is is good idea to buy enough water in Taklakot for whole Kailash region and put in your bus. It is advice to drink at least 3 littlers water perday. We will provide you boiled drinking water during 6 days camping in simikot.
- Toilet facilities
Tented toilet during camping trekking. basic toilets in Kailash region. basically very basic toilets in Mansarovar, Derapuk, Juthulpuk for 4 nights. Those places are mostly open toilets. Rest of the places in Kailash has got toilets inside your rooms.
Nepali staffs members (Guide, Porter, Cooking team) during camping trek in Nepal part. Only Tibetan guide and driving as staffs in Kailash region. If we make camping arrangemenet in Kailash region, there will be Nepali staffs assisting the group for all the foods and other help.
- Trip insurance
We do not need trip insurance for official Kailash permit and visa. Travel insurance may need to cover your own expenses in the case of any emergency evacuation. It may more helpful in case of returning from middle way due to the health problem. Or may cover your expenses in the case of emergency evacuation.
- Emergency evacuation
Due to the health problem or any other problem, if anyone needs emergency evacuation that cost is the extra cost and all the expenses go to the person. We arrange all the needful services. Helicopter rescue in Tibet part is not allowed. Rescue have to done by driving in Tibet/Kailash part. Once you reach at Nepal site, Helicopter rescue is also possible.
- Hospital and Medical facilities
Kailash is the lack of Hospital and medical facilities. Only one hospital service is in Taklakot. Rest of other villages and towns are without any medical stores and Hospital. In the case of emergency, have to drive Taklakot for a hospital. The team from Tibet Kailash Travel bring basic medicines in the entire tour. Our leader and guides have basic first-aid knowledge. Main cities of centreal Tibet like Lhasa have good facilities of hospital and medicament.
- Group size
we need minimu 2 pax group for this trip. Up to 10 peoples in a group is comfirtable. If you are single traveller, you can ask us to join our suitable group.
- Age limitation
There is no any age limitation for Lhasa Kailash Tour. For Indian passport holder, there is age limitation.
- Communication facilities
There are local telephones facilities in entire Kailash, Tibet and Nepal. For your , mobile you need Nepali SIM card in Nepal site and Chinese SIM card once you enter Tibet. Chinese and Nepali sim card can buy after certain formalities and can recharge on the way. WIFI is available in Nepal part, central Tibet but not in Kailash region. You can connect internet facility with Chinese sim card. Mobile network doesn’t work only one day at Kailash Parikrama.
- Physical fitness and doctor certificate
Physical fitness is important factor to make your trip success. But we do not need any doctor or medical certificate to obtain your Kailash Tibet permit and Visa. It is adviced that prepare your trip before 3 months of starting by doing some physical activities like jugging every morning.
Acclimatization in this tour have enogh as you walk and slowly reach at high altitude in Kailash region. 6 days trekking in Simikot is enough to be acclimatized.
- Extra activities
There can be possibilities of some extra activities during Kailash Tour. Visit Tirthapuri, Visit Chui Monastery and hot spring near Lake Manasarovar. Put one more day in the itinerary and reach at Charansparsa from North face of Kailash. Drive to Tirthapuri with extra cost.
- Best season
Best season for Simikot Kailash Tour is from April till September month. Small group departure can be at November month too. rest of other months are more cold and icy on the way.
- Extra Expenses
Extra cost of the tour is as mentioed in our cost excluding section...
- Packing List
You need one big bag to put your stuff that goes to back or upper part of the bus. Another small bag pack is always with you to put important things like money, water bottles etc.
Shoes and Shocks
You need comfortable warm shoes for entire yatra. Another spare shoe or sandal is needed to wear while staying at guest house. 3 pairs of warm shocks are enough for entire trip. You can wash it in middle of your Yatra.
Head cover hat, Mouth covering muff, Warm down jacket, Wind proof jacket, Warm inner thermal, 2 pairs light T shirt, Warm sweeter or light weight jacket, Inner down thermal, Water and wind proof trouser, One or two long wear trekking paint, Whole body covered raincoat, Water/ wind proof warm glove, 3 pair comfortable underwear, Down sleeping bag.
UV protective sun glass, Medium size quick dry towel, Head torch light with extra batteries, Lip care, Sun cream, Trekking stick, 2 litters’ water bottle, One small thermos water bottle.
Toiletries: Hand soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, Toilet paper
First Aid kit box containing Paracetamol, bandage, antiseptic cream, Diamox or other tablet for altitude sickness, Small trekking knife, Some dry foods, Camera and its extra batteries, Mobile, and charger with small multi pins.
- Booking procedure
- At least 6-month valid passport scan copy by mail
- Trip confirmation amount USD 600 per person. You can ask our bank details to deposit it.
- Trip booking form with your signature in term and condition
- Payment can make through Bank transfer, Credit card, and Cash
- USD 600 per person at the time of booking confirmation
- Rest of the amount before starting your tour. Mode of payment can discuss by mail
- Payment by credit card charge 4 % extra
- Term and condition
-Simikot Kailash Trekking need minimum 2 pax group. Group size can go up to 12 in group joining tour.
- Rules from Tibet is not stable. It may change even at last hour of our tour starting. In this case whatever expenses we spend for your tour arrangement is not refundable. cancellation charge still is charged.
- Group joining Simikot Kailash Trekking is fixed. Itinerary can be customized for private tour
- Cancellation policy
- Cancel your trip before 3 month is free
- USD 300 per person cancellation charge less than 3 months
- Full amount does not refund once you start the trip