12 days Kailash Yatra by Helicopter starts from Kathmandu. Make special darsan of Pashupatinath in Kathmandu before leaving Kailash Yatra. We take a regular flight to Nepaljung and to Simikot. Chartered helicopter flight to Hilsa and reach at Tibetan town Taklakot near Lake Manasarovar. You will have enough time to explore Lake Mansarovar. Special worship at bank of the Lake is performing by group every time. It is believed that taking bath at Lake Mansarovar washed all the sins done in a lifetime. Yatra includes 3 days Kailash Parikrama. Kailash Parikrama or Kailash Kora is trekking around Mount Kailash to dedicate to Lord Shiva and Parvathi. After completion of Kailash Yatra drive same way back to Nepal Tibet boarder Hilsa. Take another chartered helicopter flight to Simikot, take regular flight to Nepaljung and continue to Kathmandu. The best season for Kailash Yatra by Helicopter from Kathmandu is month of May, June, end of August and September.
Duration:12 Days (Description)
Trip Grade Moderate to Strenuous
Trip Cost:INR 175000 | USD 3260
Day to Day Itinerary:Show All Days Hide All Days
Day 7 : Drive to valley of the god and start first day of Kailash Parikrama. Overnight at Dirapuk (4,909m) in guest house
Day 8 : Second day of Kailash Parikram. Reach at Juthulpuk (4,760m)crossing by Dolma- La pass (5,600m). Overnight at guest house in Juthulpuk
Price Include / Exclude:
- All arrival and departure arrangement
- Accommodation in twin sharing at Kathmandu and in Nepaljung as per itinerary
- Accommodation in local guest house in group sharing as per itinerary in Simikot and in Kailash region
- Kailash entry permit and visa, Entrance of Lake Manasarovar
- Transportation by private bus, Truck to put kitchen goods and your big bags
- Vegetarian foods prepared by our own cooking team in entire tour
- Vegetarian foods serve by hotel in Nepaljung and in Simikot
- Round trip flight of Kathmandu -Nepaljung – Simikot, Chartered helicopter flight Simikot – Hilsa – Simikot
- Government approved Tibetan guide, driver
- Nepali team leader, Cooking and helper teams from Nepal
- All the equipment for kitchen, bathing tent
- Yak to carry luggage during Kailash Parikrama
- Emergency evacuation management
- Duffel bag to put your belongings, small had bag and head covered cap
- Warm jacket in returnable based
- First aid kit box with basic emergency medicines
- Service charges and government taxes
- Personal equipment, travel insurance, medical expenses
- Personal horse and helper during Kailash Parikrama
- Expenses of emergency evacuation
- Upgrading of accommodation
- Any cost due to separation from main group
- Tipping to staff
The itinerary can customize as per group interest. Option to add Muktinath Yatra which is another 4 more days.
Accommodation in Kailash Tour is in Hotels and guest Houses. Hotel in Kathmandu, Nepaljung is based on twin sharing on 3 star category. Guest house in Simikot and in entire Kailash is in group sharing room. You do not need to sleep at tent the or at camp. Tour cost including basic guest houses only. Guest houses in Kailash region are similar in every stop. There is an option to make upgrading of Guest house in Darchen which is possible with your own extra cost.
Transportation in entire tours as per itinerary is in private comfirtable bus. It is regular flight from and to Kathmandu Nepaljung Simikot. Chartered helicopter flight to and from Simikot Hilsa.
Foods on the trip are pure vegetarian. Vegetarian foods are served by Hotel in Kathmadnu, Nepaljung and in Simikot. In entire Kailash region, our own cooking team prepares delicious Indian style foods. During Kailash Parikrama Packed Lunch are provided but hot simple dinner is served at evening. You also can bring some of your favorite dry foods.
- Drinking Water
Drinking water in Kailash Yatra is mineral water from big Jar and small bottles. Hot boiled water can fill into your bottles in the morning and Evening every day. The team from Tibet Kailash Travel serve you enough pure drinking water. It is advice to drink at least 3 liters water every day and keep enough water during day time.
- Toilet facilities
Toilet facilities in Kailash region are very basic. It is outside of the room as a common use. Toilets are dirty due to lack of enough water. Peoples are using outside toilets freely in Mansarovar, Derapuk and in Juthulpuk. Toilets in Nepal part, Kthmandu, Nepaljung and in Simikot is inside rooms and it is clean enough.
The entire trip is handled by a professional staff team from Tibet Kailash Travel Nepal. A team leader, kitchen team and helper team. Government licence holder Tibetan guide is for officially working with Nepali team. All the driver team is from Tibet too.
- Trip insurance
We do not need trip insurance for official Kailash permit and visa. Travel insurance may need to cover your own expenses in the case of any emergency evacuation. It may more helpful in case of returning from middle way due to the health problem. Or may cover your expenses in the case of emergency evacuation.
- Emergency evacuation
Due to the health problem or any other problem, if anyone needs emergency evacuation that cost is the extra cost and all the expenses go to the person. We arrange all the needful services. Helicopter rescue in Tibet part is not allowed. Rescue have to done by driving in Tibet/Kailash part. Once you reach at Nepal site, Helicopter rescue is also possible.
- Hospital and Medical facilities
Kailash region is the lack of Hospital and medical facilities. Only one hospital service is in Taklakot. Rest of other villages and towns are without any medical stores and Hospital. In the case of emergency, have to drive Taklakot for a hospital. The team from Tibet Kailash Travel bring basic medicines in the entire tour. Our leader and guides have basic first-aid knowledge.
- Group size
Kailash Yatra is group departure. We need at least 17 pax to make Kailash yatra from Lucknow, which makes your reasonable tour cost. Group size may go more than 17 pax too. Private trip for less than 17 pax can be also arranged with a different cost.
- Age limitation
There is age limitation getting permit and visa for Kailash Yatra. Only up to 65 aged Indian passports holder can get Kailash permit from Tibet. Permit is issued by Tibet Tourism which is part of the government from Tibet.
- Communication facilities
There are local telephones facilities in entire Kailash and Nepal. For your mobile you need Nepali SIM card in Nepal site and Chinese SIM card once you enter Tibet. Chinese and Nepali sim card can buy after certain formalities and can recharge on the way. WIFI is available in Nepal part but not in Tibet. You can connect internet facility with Chinese sim card. Mobile network doesn’t work only one day at Kailash Parikrama.
- Physical fitness and doctor certificate
Physical fitness is important factor to make your trip success. But we do not need any doctor or medical certificate to obtain your Kailash permit and Visa. It is adviced that prepare your trip before 3 months of starting by doing some physical activities like jugging every morning.
Acclimatization in this tour is important and need before reaching at high altitude immediately or so fast. Kailash region is in high altitude which may make difficult for every visitor. Our itinerary is including acclimatization and simikot and at Taklakot. As well as full day staying in Lake Manasarovar.
- Extra activities
There can be possibilities of some extra activities during Kailash Yatra. Visit Chui Monastery and hot spring near Lake Manasarovar. Put one more day in the itinerary and reach at Charansparsa from North face of Kailash. Drive to Tirthapuri with extra cost.
- Kailash Tour during full moon
Kailash Yatra during full moon is not recommended. Most of the pilgrimages want to reach at Manasarovar or in north face of Kailash during full moon because of that overflow of peoples reach region. It can be lack a f accommodation and transportation. There are many bad experiences that Tibet government stops entering some group during the period. By this reason, peoples may get suffer.
- Best season
Best season for Kailash Yatra by Helicopter from Kathmandu is month of May, June, August and September. Coldest month and moonson season are not suitable.
- Extra Expenses
Kailash Yatra is full board based tour operate by Tibet Kailash Travel. Although personal horse and helper during Kailash parikrama is extra cost in case of any one need. Accept that nature of personal expenses are in extra cost which is mentioned as cost including and excluding
- Packing List
we provide you duffel bag to put your belongings and another small back carry bag to carry with you always. This bag is provided in Nepal once you land. You can store your own bag at hotel and take while returning back from yatra.
Shoes and Shocks
You need comfortable warm shoes for entire yatra. Another spare shoe or sandal is needed to wear while staying at guest house. 3 pairs of warm shocks are enough for entire trip. You can wash it in middle of your Yatra.
Head cover hat – we provide you, Mouth covering muff, Warm down jacket – we provide you in returnable based, Wind proof jacket, Warm inner thermal, 2 pairs light T shirt, Warm sweeter or light weight jacket, Inner down thermal, Water and wind proof trouser, One or two long wear trekking paint, Whole body covered raincoat, Water/ wind proof warm glove, 3 pair comfortable underwear
UV protective sun glass, Medium size quick dry towel, Head torch light with extra batteries, Lip care, Sun cream, Trekking stick, 2 litters’ water bottle, One small thermos water bottle.
Toiletries: Hand soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, Toilet paper
First Aid kit box containing Paracetamol, bandage, antiseptic cream, Diamox or other tablet for altitude sickness, Small trekking knife, Some dry foods, Camera and its extra batteries, Mobile, and charger with small multi pins
- Booking procedure
- At least 6-month valid passport scan copy by mail
- Trip confirmation amount INR 10,000. You can ask our bank details to deposit it.
- Trip booking form with your signature in term and condition
- lNR 10,000 for Indian passport holder at the time of confirming your tour. Another 15,000 INR before a month then starting your tour. rest of the amount (full Payment) once you land at Nepal, Before starting of Kailash Tour. You can deposit amount in our bank/ You can bring cash or can bring demand draft.
- Term and condition
-This is group tour, have to follow group decision
- Rules from Tibet is not stable. It may change even at last hour of our tour starting. In this case whatever expenses we spend for your tour arrangement is not refundable. cancellation charge still be charged.
- Spending more nights accommodation in Nepal (more than 3 nights) is extra expenses. In the case of early arrival from Kailash site.
- Cancellation policy
- INR 10,000 per person is non-refundable if you cancel the trip after confirmation booking
- INR 25,000 cancellation charge per person at last hour less than 72 hours time
- Full amount does not refund once you start the trip from Kathmandu/ Nepaljung