Join us for small group joining tour Lhasa kailash Kathmandu from April to October months. Tour is possible to join either in Kathmandu Nepal or direct in Lhasa. Drive to Mount Kailash, Lake Manasarovar from Lhasa. Involve 3 days Kailash parikrama and drive to Kathmandu from Kerung boarder.
17 days Kathmandu Lhasa Kailash Tour is best option to explore historical cities Kathmandu, Lhasa, Shigatse, Gyantse and reach at Pilgrimage site Lake Manasarovar and Mount Kailash. Tour begins with one hour scenic flight from Kathmandu to Lhasa. Exploring historical monuments at Lhasa for another 2 days, which is helpful to make your body acclimatize at high altitude. Drive to Kailash via other historical cities of Tibet Shigatse and Gyantse. Entire driving tour from Lhasa reach at Lake Manasarovar, fresh and biggest holy lake at western Tibet. Taking bath and performing special worship at bank of Lake Manasarovar believed to wash all the sins done in lifetime. Three days of trekking around Mount Kailash is believed to be a holy Yatra for pilgrimages. Tour return to Lhasa at the end and fly back to Kathmandu again. Tibet Kailash Travel can operate this tour as private or group joining. The best season of this tour is from month of May to September.
Duration:17 Days (Description)
Trip Grade Moderate to Strenuous
Trip Cost:INR 249000 | USD 2965
Day to Day Itinerary:Show All Days Hide All Days
Day 10 : Exploration of Manasarovar and drive to Darchen 40km/ 1 Hour - 4,575 miters). Overnight at guest house
Day 11 : Drive to valley of the God (7km). Start Kailash Parikrama (trekking 4/5 Hours). Reach at Derapuk (4,900 miters) and overnight at Guest House
Day 12 : Second day of Kailash Parikrama. Reach at Juthulpuk (4,760m) via Dolma La pass (5,623m). Overnight at guest house
Price Include / Exclude:
- All arrival and departure arrangement
- Twin sharing accommodation in 3 star category hotel Kathmandu, Lhasa, Shigatse and Lhatse
- Group sharing accommodation in local guest houses in Kailash region (Saga – Saga)
- One day sightseeing in Kathmandu with tour guide, transportations and entrance fee
- Sightseeing in major attraction in Tibet with all entrance fees, Guide and transportation
- Tibet travel permit and visa
- Flight ticket of Kathmandu Lhasa Kathmandu
- Vegetarian foods serve by hotel or restaurant in Kathmandu, Lhasa, Shigatse and Lhase
- Vegetarian foods serve by our own cooking team in Kailash region (from Saga till saga)
- Drinking water bottled and boiled
- Private comfortable transportations in entire tour
- A Truck to carry kitchen good, foods and bags
- Government approved Tibetan guide
- Nepali leader and other supporting team from Kathmandu
- Yak or helper to carry goods during Kailash Parikrama
- Emergency evacuation management
- All service charges and government taxes
- First Aid kit with basic medicines
- Personal expenses, Personal equipment
- Insurance, Medical expenses and expenses of emergency evacuation in case of
- Bar bills, communication expenses
- Personal horse and helper if you hire during Kailash Parikrama
- Upgrading of accommodation at available places
- Tipping to staffs
Foods are served from local restaurants in the case of small group tour. Small group tour is up to 10 pax a group. Group less than 6 pax is on BB plan only. We are beginning to take reservation for this tour from April. Tour cost and tour itinerary may change…
Fixed Departure Dates
Fixed departure date of Kathmandu Lhasa Kailash Tour is those who are other than Indian passport holders and looking for group joining. We can follow your own date if you are looking your private tour or your own group tour. Itinerary and service plan can be changed. This tour can join direct from Lhasa and it cost lesser.
Our fixed departure date of April, May and June have different itinerary and cost.
Accommodation in Kathmandu Lhasa Kailash Tour is in Hotels and guest Houses. Hotel in Kathmandu, Lhasa, Shigatse and Gyantse is based on twin sharing. Guest house in entire Kailash is in group sharing room. Your do not need to sleep at tent the or at camp. We provide you best available guest houses in Kailash region. You still have an option to make upgrading of Guest house in Darchen to super deluxe which is possible with your own extra cost.
Transportation in Kathmandu valley and to Tibet Kailash is with private and comfirtable bus. It is regular flight from Kathmandu to Lhasa and back.
Foods on the trip are pure vegetarian. Vegetarian foods are served by Hotel in Kathmandu. Fodos is from local restaurants in Lhasa, Shigatse and Gyantse. In entire Kailash region, our own cooking team prepares delicious Indian style foods. During Kailash Parikrama Packed Lunch are provided but hot simple dinner is served at evening. You also can bring some of your favorite dry foods.
- Drinking Water
Drinking water in the entire tour is mineral water from big Jar and small bottles. Hot boiled water can fill into your bottles in the morning and Evening every day. The team from Tibet Kailash Travel serve you enough pure drinking water. It is advice to drink at least 3 liters water every day and keep enough water during day time.
- Toilet facilities
Get clean toilet inside of your rooms in Kathmandu, Lhasa, Shigatse, Gyantse and Saga. Toilet at rest of the Kailash region are very basic. It is outside of the room as a common use. Toilets are dirty due to lack of enough water. Peoples are using outside toilets freely in Mansarovar, Derapuk and in Juthulpuk.
The entire trip is handled by a professional staff team from Tibet Kailash Travel Nepal. A team leader from Nepal with government approved Tibetan guide is in entire trip. Kitchen team and helper team meet you at Saga, at the entrance of Kailash Manasarovar.
- Trip insurance
We do not need trip insurance for official Kailash permit and visa. Travel insurance may need to cover your own expenses in the case of any emergency evacuation. It may more helpful in case of returning from middle way due to the health problem. Or may cover your expenses in the case of emergency evacuation.
- Emergency evacuation
Due to the health problem or any other problem, if anyone needs emergency evacuation that cost is the extra cost and all the expenses go to the person. We arrange all the needful services. Helicopter rescue in Tibet part is not allowed. Rescue have to done by driving in Tibet/Kailash part. Once you reach at Nepal site, Helicopter rescue is also possible.
- Hospital and Medical facilities
Kailash is the lack of Hospital and medical facilities. Only one hospital service is in Taklakot. Rest of other villages and towns are without any medical stores and Hospital. In the case of emergency, have to drive Taklakot for a hospital. The team from Tibet Kailash Travel bring basic medicines in the entire tour. Our leader and guides have basic first-aid knowledge. Main cities of centreal Tibet like Lhasa have good facilities of hospital and medicament.
- Group size
Kailash Yatra from Lhasa is group departure. We need at least 17 pax to make reasonable cost. Group size may go more than 17 pax too. Private trip for less than 17 pax can be also arranged with a different cost.
- Age limitation
There is age limitation getting permit and visa for Kailash Yatra. Only up to 65 aged Indian passports holder can get Kailash permit from Tibet. Permit is issued by Tibet Tourism which is part of the government from Tibet.
- Communication facilities
There are local telephones facilities in entire Kailash, Tibet and Nepal. For your , mobile you need Nepali SIM card in Nepal site and Chinese SIM card once you enter Tibet. Chinese and Nepali sim card can buy after certain formalities and can recharge on the way. WIFI is available in Nepal part, central Tibet but not in Kailash region. You can connect internet facility with Chinese sim card. Mobile network doesn’t work only one day at Kailash Parikrama.
- Physical fitness and doctor certificate
Physical fitness is important factor to make your trip success. But we do not need any doctor or medical certificate to obtain your Kailash Tibet permit and Visa. It is adviced that prepare your trip before 3 months of starting by doing some physical activities like jugging every morning.
Acclimatization in this tour is important and need before reaching at high altitude immediately or so fast. Kailash region is in high altitude which may make difficult for every visitor. Our itinerary is including enough acclimatization days in Lhasa (3650miter).
- Extra activities
There can be possibilities of some extra activities during Kailash Yatra and Tibet Tour. Visit Chui Monastery and hot spring near Lake Manasarovar. Put one more day in the itinerary and reach at Charansparsa from North face of Kailash. Drive to Tirthapuri with extra cost. Drive to Namtso Lake from Lhasa with extra cost.
- Kailash Tour during full moon
Kailash Yatra during full moon is not recommended. Most of the pilgrimages want to reach at Manasarovar or in north face of Kailash during full moon because of that overflow of peoples reach region. It can be lack a f accommodation and transportation. There are many bad experiences that Tibet government stops entering some group during the period. By this reason, peoples may get suffer. Full moon does not affect any in Lhasa part.
- Best season
Best season for Kathmandu Lhasa Kailash tour is from May till September month. Small group departure can be at November month too. rest of other months are more cold and icy on the way.
- Extra Expenses
Kailash and Tibet tour is full board based tour operate by Tibet Kailash Travel. Although personal horse and helper during Kailash parikrama is extra cost in case of any one need. Accept that nature of personal expenses are in extra cost which is mentioned as cost including and excluding
- Packing List
we provide you duffel bag to put your belongings and another small back carry bag to carry with you always. This bag is provided in Nepal once you land. You can store your own bag at hotel and take while returning back from yatra.
Shoes and Shocks
You need comfortable warm shoes for entire yatra. Another spare shoe or sandal is needed to wear while staying at guest house. 3 pairs of warm shocks are enough for entire trip. You can wash it in middle of your Yatra.
Head cover hat – we provide you, Mouth covering muff, Warm down jacket – we provide you in returnable based, Wind proof jacket, Warm inner thermal, 2 pairs light T shirt, Warm sweeter or light weight jacket, Inner down thermal, Water and wind proof trouser, One or two long wear trekking paint, Whole body covered raincoat, Water/ wind proof warm glove, 3 pair comfortable underwear.
UV protective sun glass, Medium size quick dry towel, Head torch light with extra batteries, Lip care, Sun cream, Trekking stick, 2 litters’ water bottle, One small thermos water bottle.
Toiletries: Hand soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, Toilet paper
First Aid kit box containing Paracetamol, bandage, antiseptic cream, Diamox or other tablet for altitude sickness, Small trekking knife, Some dry foods, Camera and its extra batteries, Mobile, and charger with small multi pins.
- Booking procedure
- At least 6-month valid passport scan copy by mail
- Trip confirmation amount INR 25,000. You can ask our bank details to deposit it.
- Trip booking form with your signature in term and condition
- lNR 25,000 for Indian passport holder at the time of confirming your tour. Another 25,000 INR before a month then starting your tour. rest of the amount (full Payment) once you land at Nepal, Before starting of Kailash Tour. You can deposit amount in our bank/ You can bring cash or can bring demand draft.
- Term and condition
-This is group tour, have to follow group decision
- Rules from Tibet is not stable. It may change even at last hour of our tour starting. In this case whatever expenses we spend for your tour arrangement is not refundable. cancellation charge still is charged.
- Spending more nights accommodation in Nepal (more than 3 nights) is extra expenses. In the case of early arrival from Kailash site.
- Cancellation policy
- INR 25,000 per person is non-refundable if you cancel the trip after confirmation booking
- INR 50,000 cancellation charge per person at last hour less than 72 hours time
- Full amount does not refund once you start the trip from Kathmandu