Overland Tour to Tibet starts from Kathmandu. It is 7 nights 8 days tour known as group joining and Budget tour to Tibet. Tibet Kailash Travel operates this tour twice a week throughout the year accept March month. Tour is driving in first from Nepal and flying out from Lhasa Tibet. It is option to travel further to mainland china from Lhasa after finishing 8 days group tour.
Tour starts early in the morning from Kathmandu. It is 7 hours driving to Nepal Tibet boarder called Rasuwagadi. Enter Tibet and reach at Kerung within same day. Drive to Lhasa via Tingri, Lhatse, Shigatse and Gyantse. Picturesque scenic landscape of Tibetan plateau with panoramic Himalayan views including world’s highest peak Mount Everest north face from several high passes of over 5,000 miters. Visit major historical places Tashilampo Monastery in Shigatse, Potala Palace in Lhasa, Norbulinka palace, Drepung monastery, Jokhang temple. Walk inside old and typical Tibetan market Barkhor squire of Lhasa. At the end of tour, our representative drop either to Lhasa train station or to Gonggar Airport. Further exit from Tibet.
Duration:8 Days (Description)
Trip Grade Easy
Trip Cost:INR 68000 | USD 850
Day to Day Itinerary:Show All Days Hide All Days
Price Include / Exclude:
- Tibet travel permit and visa
- Comfortable and private Nepali transportation from Kathmandu Kodari boarder
- Tibetan bus or Van in Tibet tour
- Immigration formalities in Nepal-Tibet border
- An English speaking Tibetan guide in entire tour
- Entrance fees in sightseeing as per mentioned in itinerary
- 4 nights’ accommodation in hotel on twin sharing
- 2 nights’ accommodation in local guest house in group sharing
- Every morning breakfast
- Departure arrangement from Lhasa city
- Lunch and Dinner in entire tour
- Flight ticket or train ticket from Lhasa to Mainland china or flight to Kathmandu Nepal
- Personal equipment, travel insurance, medical expenses, Emergency evacuation cost in case of
- Tipping to staff
- Bottled drinks including drinking water/ Bar bills
- Accommodation upgrading from budget hotel/ Guest house
- Any extra activities mentioned than itinerary
Accommodation in Tibet Tour is in hotels and Guest house. 4 nights of accommodation is in twin sharing hotels and 2 nights at Xegar and Nyalam is in local guest house. Deluxe and super deluxe accommodation in main cities of Tibet is available. You also have option to upgrate your accommodation with extra cost.
Transportation is in private bus or van. It depend on group size. Nepali transporation from Kathmandu to Kodari boarder. Tibetan transporation in Tibet part.
Overland Tibet Tour package included every morning breakfast. You will get breakfast from the same hotel you staying. Restaurant for Lunch and Dinner can choose by your own. our Tibetan guide may suggest you good place as per your interest. Tibetan cities have choices of Chinese and continental restaurants. First day at Nyalam and second day at Xegar may get only Chinese and Tibetan style restaurants.
- Drinking Water
You can buy bottled mineral water in the entire tour. Although water at Lhasa is more reasonable cost. We suggest you to buy water packets of your entire tour in Lhasa. It is good in high altitude to drink at least 3 litters water per day.
- Toilet facilities
Clean toilets are inside of your rooms in Lhasa, Shigatse, Gyantse. Similarly clean toilets are in Xegar and Nayalam but outside of room.
There will be Guide and Driver as a staffs. The entire trip is handled by a professional Tibetan Guide. Guide speaks enough English.
- Trip insurance
We do not need trip insurance for official Tibet permit and visa. Travel insurance may need to cover your own expenses in the case of any emergency evacuation. It may more helpful in case of returning from middle way due to the health problem. Or may cover your expenses in the case of emergency evacuation.
- Emergency evacuation
Due to the health problem or any other problem, if anyone needs emergency evacuation that cost is the extra cost and all the expenses go to the person. We arrange all the needful services. Helicopter rescue in Tibet part is not allowed. Rescue have to done by driving.
- Hospital and Medical facilities
There are hospitals in main cities like Lhasa and Shigatse. Ronbuk doesn't have any facilities of hospital and medical.
- Group size
Tibet Tour group size can by any in number. it is group joining tour mixed all nationalities.
- Age limitation
There is no any age limitation getting permit and visa. Any aged peoples can join our Tibet Group Joining Tour.
- Communication facilities
The entire tour is facilitated with local telephone. Wifi services available at hotels in main cities but not in the guest house in Ronbuk. You also can buy Chinese SIM card in your own name for your mobile.
- Physical fitness and health certificate
Physical fitness is an important factor to make your trip success. But we do not need any doctor or medical certificate to obtain your Tibet permit and Visa.
Acclimatization in this tour is important and need before reaching at high altitude immediately or so fast. Our overland tour itinerary have short driving and spend more time in every cities so that it is helpful to acclimatized in hight altitude.
- Extra activities
Tour in Tibet and its itinerary is fixed in group joining tour. Individually, you can not extend your Tibetan visa to stay longer in Tibet. Extra activities in Lhasa can fixed by any tourist group, but there should be present of Tibetan guide. it may contain extra cost.
- Best season for Tibet Group Joining Tour
Best season for Tibet tour is from April till September month. Although rest of the months like Octoberbet to February still suitable.
- Extra Expenses
Extra expenses in this tour is your Lunch and Dinner. Accept that personal shopping and personal expenses. Bottle drinks including drinking water is also in your extra expenses.
- Packing List
You need one big bag to put your stuff, that goes separately in back side or roof of the bus/ Van. One another small bag need to put your important documents, water bottles and other accessories that you need during day time.
Shoes and Shocks
You need comfortable warm shoes for entire Tour. Another spare shoe or sandal is needed to wear while staying at Hotel/guest house. 3 pairs of warm shocks are enough for entire trip. You can wash it in middle of your tour.
Warm Head cover hat, Mouth covering muff, Warm down jacket, Wind proof jacket, Warm inner thermal, 2 pairs light T shirt, Warm sweeter or light weight jacket, Inner down thermal, Water and wind proof trouser, One long wear warm paint, Water/ wind proof warm glove, 3 pair comfortable underwear, Down sleeping bag.
UV protective sun glass, Medium size quick dry towel, Head torch light with extra batteries, Lip care, Sun cream, Trekking stick, 2 litters’ water bottle, One small thermos water bottle.
Toiletries: Hand soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, Toilet paper, bathing shop and Shampoo
First Aid kit box containing Paracetamol, bandage, antiseptic cream, Diamox or other tablet for altitude sickness. Small trekking knife, Some dry foods, Camera and its extra batteries, Mobile, and charger with small multi pins.
- Booking procedure
- At least 6-month valid passport scan copy by mail
- Trip confirmation amount USD 200 per person. You can ask our bank details to deposit it.
- Trip booking form with your signature in term and condition
- We need your original passport before two days of tour starts in Kathmandu.
- USD 200 per person at the time of confirming your tour. Rest of the amount can pay before starting off your trip. we can discuss mode of payment.
- Term and condition
-This is group tour, and activities and days are fixed as per itinerary
- Rules from Tibet is not stable. It may change even at last hour of our tour starting. In this case whatever expenses we spend for your tour arrangement is not refundable. Rest of other amounts can refund. We are not able to bear you any cost in this case.
- Accommodation in this tour is the budget type of. upgrading it is possible with your extra cost.
- Cancellation policy
- Canceling your tour before 2 months is free cancellation but if we need to issue your air ticket from Lhasa to Kathmandu, there will be cancellation charge.
- USD 200 per person is non-refundable if you cancel the trip less than 2 months time
- USD 500 cancellation charge per person at last hour less than 72 hours time
- No any refund if you drop your tour on the way from group