The overland Tour to Kailash Mansarovar via Kerung boarder is 14 days trip starting from Kathmandu. Kerung border is towards northern site of Kathmandu. It is about 8 hours driving through Langtang National Park. This boarder is second optional after Kodari boarder to enter Kailash from Nepal. Saga town of Tibet is near from Kerung Nepal. Tour plan is to stay one extra day for acclimatization in Kerung Tibet and drive direct to Saga. Tibet Kailash Travel have professionally design suitable itinerary of Kailash Overland Tour from Kerung.
Reach at holy Lake Mansarovar and get good visible of Holy Mount Kailash is the main purpose of this Pilgrimage yatra. 3 days Mount Kailash Parikrama is the hardest part although peoples have option to take personal horse and helper in this section. 53 kilometers Kailash Kora through highest pass Dolma La (5,600m) is not hard as peoples think for those who are physically fit. In other hand, the experience and helpful staff team from Tibet Kailash Travel helps to make your success Kailash Tour.
Duration:14 Days (Description)
Trip Grade Moderate
Trip Cost:INR 2050
Day to Day Itinerary:Show All Days Hide All Days
Day 4 : Drive to Nepal Tibet immigration Kerung. Cross boarder and reach at Tibetan site (3,600m). Overnight at Guest house
Day 8 : Exploration of Manasarovar and drive to Darchen 40km/ 1 Hour - 4,575 miters). Overnight at guest house
Day 9 : Drive to valley of the God (7km). Start Kailash Parikrama (trekking 4/5 Hours). Reach at Derapuk (4,900 miters) and overnight at Guest House
Day 10 : Second day of Kailash Parikrama. Reach at Juthulpuk (4,760m) via Dolma La pass (5,623m). Overnight at guest house
Day 11 : last day of Kailash Kora. Trekking back to Darchen and Drive back to Saga. Overnight at Guest house
Price Include / Exclude:
- All arrival and departure arrangement
- 3 Nights accommodation in ¾ star category hotel in Kathmandu on twin sharing room
- Accommodation in guest houses on group sharing in Syaprubesi and in Kailash region
- Three times pure vegetarian foods in entire trip
- Sightseeing in Kathmandu as per itinerary
- All ground transportation by private bus
- A truck to keep kitchen things and other goods
- A team coordinator/ Team leader from Nepal
- Government approved Tibetan guide
- Kitchen team, other supporters from Nepal
- Immigration formalities
- Kailash travelling permit and Lake Manasarovar entrance fees
- Tibet/ Kailash visa
- Enough oxygen cylinder and first aid kit box
- Duffel bag to put your personal goods and small back carry bag
- Head cover warm cap
- A warm jacket in returnable based
- Bathing tent for Manasarovar bath
- Emergency evacuation management in case of need
- All service charges and official taxes
- Personal horse and Helper if you need during Kailsh parikrama
- More than 3 nights’ accommodation in Kathmandu in case you return earlier from Kailash
- Personal equipment
- Personal insurance, Medical expenses
- Personal rescue or emergency evacuation in case of need
- Expenses of extra activities other than mentioned in itinerary
- Any tipping
Till the date (March 4, 2017) Kerung border has not officially opend for Indian pilgrimage and other foreigners accept Chinese and Nepali citizens. There is big chane to open this boarder from June 2017. This is the reason Overland Tour to Kailash from Nepal is still not open. Pilgrimage have to choose wither Kailash Helicopter Tour or Kailash tour via Lhasa.
Accommodation in Kailash Overland Tour is in Hotel and Guesthouses. 3/4 star category hotel in Kathmandu. Guest house in entire Kailash and in Shyaprubesi is in group sharing room. Your do not need to sleep at tent the or at camp. Tour cost including basic guest houses only. Guest houses in Kailash region are similar in every stop. There is an option to make upgrading of Guest house in Darchen which is possible with your own extra cost.
Transportation in entir tour is with comfirtable bus/van. It is depend on group size. Nepali transporation in Nepal site and Tibetan transporation in Tibet site.
Foods on the trip are pure vegetarian. Vegetarian foods are served by Hotel in Kathmandu. In entire Kailash region, our own cooking team prepares delicious Indian style foods. During Kailash Parikrama Packed Lunch are provided but hot simple dinner is served at evening. You also can bring some of your favorite dry foods.
- Drinking Water
Drinking water in Kailash Yatra is mineral water from big Jar and small bottles. Hot boiled water can fill into your bottles in the morning and Evening every day. The team from Tibet Kailash Travel serve you enough pure drinking water. It is advice to drink at least 3 liters water every day and keep enough water during day time.
- Toilet facilities
Toilet facilities in Kailash region are very basic. It is outside of the room as a common use. Toilets are dirty due to lack of enough water. Peoples are using outside toilets freely in Mansarovar, Derapuk and in Juthulpuk.
The entire trip is handled by a professional staff team from Tibet Kailash Travel Nepal. A team leader, kitchen team and helper team. Government licence holder Tibetan guide is for officially working with Nepali team. All the driver team is from Tibet too.
- Trip insurance
We do not need trip insurance for official Kailash permit and visa. Travel insurance may need to cover your own expenses in the case of any emergency evacuation. It may more helpful in case of returning from middle way due to the health problem. Or may cover your expenses in the case of emergency evacuation.
- Emergency evacuation
Due to the health problem or any other problem, if anyone needs emergency evacuation that cost is the extra cost and all the expenses go to the person. We arrange all the needful services. Helicopter rescue in Tibet part is not allowed. Rescue have to done by driving in Tibet/Kailash part. Once you reach at Nepal site, Helicopter rescue is also possible.
- Hospital and Medical facilities
Kailash is the lack of Hospital and medical facilities. Only one hospital service is in Taklakot. Rest of other villages and towns are without any medical stores and Hospital. In the case of emergency, have to drive Taklakot for a hospital. The team from Tibet Kailash Travel bring basic medicines in the entire tour. Our leader and guides have basic first-aid knowledge.
- Group size
Kailash Yatra from Kerung is group departure. We need at least 24 pax to make Kailash overland yatra, which makes your reasonable tour cost. Group size may go more than 24 pax in one single trip. Any group size private trip can be also arranged with different cost.
- Age limitation
There is age limitation getting permit and visa for Kailash Yatra. Only up to 65 aged Indian passports holder can get Kailash permit from Tibet. Permit is issued by Tibet Tourism which is part of the government from Tibet.
- Communication facilities
There are local telephones facilities in entire Kailash and Nepal. For your mobile you need Nepali SIM card in Nepal site and Chinese SIM card once you enter Tibet. Chinese and Nepali sim card can buy after certain formalities and can recharge on the way. WIFI is available in Nepal part but not in Tibet. You can connect internet facility with Chinese sim card. Mobile network doesn’t work only one day at Kailash Parikrama.
Physical fitness and doctor certificate
Physical fitness is important factor to make your trip success. But we do not need any doctor or medical certificate to obtain your Kailash permit and Visa. It is adviced that prepare your trip before 3 months of starting by doing some physical activities like jugging every morning.
Acclimatization in this tour is important and need before reaching at high altitude immediately or so fast. Kailash region is in high altitude which may make difficult for every visitor. Our itinerary is including 2 nights acclimatization at Kerung before reaching Mansarovar and Mount Kailash.
There can be possibilities of some extra activities during Kailash Yatra. Visit Chui Monastery and hot spring near Lake Manasarovar. Put one more day in the itinerary and reach at Charansparsa from North face of Kailash. Drive to Tirthapuri with extra cost.
Kailash Tour during full moon
Kailash Yatra during full moon is not recommended. Most of the pilgrimages want to reach at Manasarovar or in north face of Kailash during full moon because of that overflow of peoples reach region. It can be lack a f accommodation and transportation. There are many bad experiences that Tibet government stops entering some group during the period. By this reason, peoples may get suffer.
Best season for Overland Kailash Yatra from Kerung is from month of May till September. Mmonth of April and october still be suitable for small group.
Kailash Yatra is full board based tour operate by Tibet Kailash Travel. Although personal horse and helper during Kailash parikrama is extra cost in case of any one need. Accept that nature of personal expenses are in extra cost which is mentioned as cost including and excluding
we provide you duffel bag to put your belongings and another small back carry bag to carry with you always. This bag is provided in Nepal once you land. You can store your own bag at hotel and take while returning back from yatra.
Shoes and Shocks
You need comfortable warm shoes for entire yatra. Another spare shoe or sandal is needed to wear while staying at guest house. 3 pairs of warm shocks are enough for entire trip. You can wash it in middle of your Yatra.
Head cover hat – we provide you, Mouth covering muff, Warm down jacket – we provide you in returnable based, Wind proof jacket, Warm inner thermal, 2 pairs light T shirt, Warm sweeter or light weight jacket, Inner down thermal, Water and wind proof trouser, One or two long wear trekking paint, Whole body covered raincoat, Water/ wind proof warm glove, 3 pair comfortable underwear,
UV protective sun glass, Medium size quick dry towel, Head torch light with extra batteries, Lip care, Sun cream, Trekking stick, 2 litters’ water bottle, One small thermos water bottle,
Toiletries: Hand soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, Toilet paper
First Aid kit box containing Paracetamol, bandage, antiseptic cream, Diamox or other tablet for altitude sickness, Small trekking knife, Some dry foods, Camera and its extra batteries, Mobile, and charger with small multi pins
- Booking procedure
- At least 6-month valid passport scan copy by mail
- Trip confirmation amount INR 10,000 or USD 200 per person. You can ask our bank details to deposit it.
- Trip booking form with your signature in term and condition
- lNR 10,000 for Indian passport holder USD 200 for other than Indian at the time of confirming your tour.
- Another 15,000 INR before a month then starting your tour. rest of the amount (full Payment) once you land at Nepal, Before starting of Kailash Tour. You can deposit amount in our bank/ You can bring cash or can bring demand draft.
- Term and condition
-This cost is based on group tour, single group is more than 25 peoples.
- Rules from Tibet is not stable. It may change even at last hour of our tour starting. In this case whatever expenses we spend for your tour arrangement is not refundable. cancellation charge still be charged.
- Spending more nights accommodation in Nepal (more than 3 nights) is extra expenses. In the case of early arrival from Kailash site.
- Cancellation policy
- INR 10,000 or USD 200 per person is non-refundable if you cancel the trip after confirmation booking
- INR 25,000 or USD 400 cancellation charge per person at last hour less than 72 hours time
- Full amount does not refund once you start the trip from Kathmandu