Mount Kailash and Guge Kingdom Tour is a depth experience to western Tibet. Reach at rich historical Tibetan places like Milarapa cave in Nyalam, Lake Manasarovar, Holy Mount Kailash, ruins of Guge Kingdom and many monasteries. Tour starts from Kathmandu Nepal. It is overland tour via Kodari boarder and reach at first Tibetan town Nyalam. Drive towards Lake Manasarovar and Mount Kailash after two nights well acclimatization at Nyalam. Driving tour is through several high passes provide panoramic mountain views, Beautiful lakes and scenic landscape.
The tour Mount Kailash and Guge Kingdom including three days Kailash parikrama which is hardest part of the tour. Tour can also start from Lhasa city. It also has option to combine Everest Base Camp Tibet.
Duration:15 Days (Description)
Trip Grade Moderate
Trip Cost:INR 2180
Day to Day Itinerary:Show All Days Hide All Days
Day 3 : Drive to Kodri boarder, cross Nepal Tibet immigration and reach at Nyalam. Overnight at Guest House
Day 10 : Drive to valley of the God and start Kailash Parikrama. Reach at Derapuk and overnight at guest house
Day 11 : Second day of Kailash Parikrama. cross Dolma La pass (5630m) Reach at Juthulpuk. Overnight at guest house
Price Include / Exclude:
- 3 nights’ accommodation in Kathmandu on twin sharing, 3 star category hotel
- All arrival and departure arrangement
- 11 nights’ accommodation in group sharing basic guest house in Kailash and in Guge
- Private transportation in entire trip, bus/van as per group size
- Tibet travel permit and Visa
- Day signtseeing in kathmandu with tour guide, entrance fees and private transporation
- Immigration formalities in Nepal Tibet boarder
- English speaking Tibetan guide and driver
- Emergency evacuation management
- First Aid kit box containing basic medicines
- Government taxes and service charge
- Lunch and Dinner in entire tour
- Personal horse and helper if you need during Kailash Parikrama
- Personal equipment, Trip insurance, Medical expenses
- Emergency evacuation charge in case of need
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu due to early arrive from Kailash
- Tipping to staff
- Accommodation upgrading, It is possible to upgrade your accommodation almost in entire trip accept in Mansarovar, Derapuk, Juthulpuk and Guge valley
- Personal communication, Bar bills
- Extra activities
Accommodation in Mount Kailash and Guge Kingdom is in Hotels and guest Houses. Hotel in Kathmandu is based on twin sharing 3 star category hotel. Guest house in entire Kailash and Guge is in group sharing room in standard category. You do not need to sleep at tent the or at camp. We provide you best available guest houses in Kailash and Guge region. You still have an option to make upgrading of Guest house in Kathmandu and in Darchen Kailash to super deluxe which is possible with your own extra cost.
Transportation in entire tour is with private and comfirtable bus/ van. It is depend on group size.
Our package including every morning breakfast. Lunch and Dinner is extra cost. There are choises of international restaurants in Lhasa and in Shigatse. Only simple Chinese and Tibetan style restaurant are available in Kailash and Guge region. You will get plenty of international restaurants in kathmandu.
- Drinking Water
Drinking water in the entire tour is with extra cost. You can buy bottled miniral water. It is good idea to buy enough water in big store on the tibet and put in your bus. It is advice to drink at least 3 littlers water perday.
- Toilet facilities
Get clean toilet inside of your rooms in Kathmandu, Saga and in Darchen. Toilet at rest of the Kailash region and Guge are very basic. It is outside of the room as a common use. Toilets are dirty due to lack of enough water. Peoples are using outside toilets freely in Mansarovar, Derapuk and in Juthulpuk.
The entire trip is handled by a professional Tibetan guide and drivers.
- Trip insurance
We do not need trip insurance for official Kailash permit and visa. Travel insurance may need to cover your own expenses in the case of any emergency evacuation. It may more helpful in case of returning from middle way due to the health problem. Or may cover your expenses in the case of emergency evacuation.
- Emergency evacuation
Due to the health problem or any other problem, if anyone needs emergency evacuation that cost is the extra cost and all the expenses go to the person. We arrange all the needful services. Helicopter rescue in Tibet part is not allowed. Rescue have to done by driving in Tibet/Kailash part. Once you reach at Nepal site, Helicopter rescue is also possible.
- Hospital and Medical facilities
Kailash is the lack of Hospital and medical facilities. Only one hospital service is in Taklakot. Rest of other villages and towns are without any medical stores and Hospital. In the case of emergency, have to drive Taklakot for a hospital. The team from Tibet Kailash Travel bring basic medicines in the entire tour. Our leader and guides have basic first-aid knowledge. Main cities of centreal Tibet like Lhasa have good facilities of hospital and medicament.
- Group size
Mount Kailash and Guge Kingdom Tour is private tour or group tour. If you want to make your own private tour we can customize tour itinerary. cost will be different.
- Age limitation
There is no any age limitation for Lhasa Kailash Tour. For Indian passport holder, there is age limitation.
- Communication facilities
There are local telephones facilities in entire Kailash, Tibet and Nepal. For your , mobile you need Nepali SIM card in Nepal site and Chinese SIM card once you enter Tibet. Chinese and Nepali sim card can buy after certain formalities and can recharge on the way. WIFI is available in Nepal part, central Tibet but not in Kailash region. You can connect internet facility with Chinese sim card. Mobile network doesn’t work only one day at Kailash Parikrama.
- Physical fitness and doctor certificate
Physical fitness is important factor to make your trip success. But we do not need any doctor or medical certificate to obtain your Kailash Tibet permit and Visa. It is adviced that prepare your trip before 3 months of starting by doing some physical activities like jugging every morning.
Acclimatization in this tour is important and need before reaching at high altitude immediately or so fast. Kailash region is in high altitude which may make difficult for every visitor. Our itinerary is including enough acclimatization days in Nyalam (3700miter).
- Extra activities
There can be possibilities of some extra activities during Kailash Yatra and Tibet Tour. Visit Chui Monastery and hot spring near Lake Manasarovar. Put one more day in the itinerary and reach at Charansparsa from North face of Kailash. Drive to Tirthapuri with extra cost. Drive to Namtso Lake from Lhasa with extra cost.
- Kailash Tour during full moon
Kailash Yatra during full moon is not recommended. Most of the pilgrimages want to reach at Manasarovar or in north face of Kailash during full moon because of that overflow of peoples reach region. It can be lack a f accommodation and transportation. There are many bad experiences that Tibet government stops entering some group during the period. By this reason, peoples may get suffer. Full moon does not affect any in Lhasa part.
- Best season
Best season for Mount Kailash and Guge Kingdom is from April till September month. Small group departure can be at November month too. rest of other months are more cold and icy on the way.
- Extra Expenses
Kailash and Tibet tour is bed and breakfast based tour operate by Tibet Kailash Travel. Your Lunch and Dinner, personal horse and helper during Kailash parikrama is extra cost in case of any one need. Accept that nature of personal expenses are in extra cost which is mentioned as cost including and excluding
- Packing List
You need one big bag to put your stuff that goes to back or upper part of the bus. Another small bag pack is always with you to put important things like money, water bottles etc.
Shoes and Shocks
You need comfortable warm shoes for entire yatra. Another spare shoe or sandal is needed to wear while staying at guest house. 3 pairs of warm shocks are enough for entire trip. You can wash it in middle of your Yatra.
Head cover hat, Mouth covering muff, Warm down jacket, Wind proof jacket, Warm inner thermal, 2 pairs light T shirt, Warm sweeter or light weight jacket, Inner down thermal, Water and wind proof trouser, One or two long wear trekking paint, Whole body covered raincoat, Water/ wind proof warm glove, 3 pair comfortable underwear, Down sleeping bag.
UV protective sun glass, Medium size quick dry towel, Head torch light with extra batteries, Lip care, Sun cream, Trekking stick, 2 litters’ water bottle, One small thermos water bottle.
Toiletries: Hand soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, Toilet paper
First Aid kit box containing Paracetamol, bandage, antiseptic cream, Diamox or other tablet for altitude sickness, Small trekking knife, Some dry foods, Camera and its extra batteries, Mobile, and charger with small multi pins.
- Booking procedure
- At least 6-month valid passport scan copy by mail
- Trip confirmation amount USD 300 per person. You can ask our bank details to deposit it.
- Trip booking form with your signature in term and condition
- Payment can make through Bank transfer, Credit card, and Cash
- USD 300 per person at the time of booking confirmation
- Rest of the amount before starting your tour. Mode of payment can discuss by mail
- Payment by credit card charge 4 % extra
- Term and condition
- This tour can be private tour or option to join our availalbe group
- Rules from Tibet is not stable. It may change even at last hour of our tour starting. In this case whatever expenses we spend for your tour arrangement is not refundable. cancellation charge still is charged.
- Group joining Mount Kailash and Guge Kingdom Tour is fixed. Itinerary can be customized for private tour
- Cancellation policy
- Cancel your trip before 3 month is free
- USD 300 per person cancellation charge less than 3 months
- Full amount does not refund once you start the trip